- NEET-PG is a qualifying-cum-raking examination for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses in medical institutions recognized for running these courses under ambit of Post Graduate Medical Education Regulations. NEET-PG examination shall be held in November/December 2012 for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses session 2013-14 and conducted as a Computer Based Test.
- The test comprises 240 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English Language only.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computers network as per scheme prescribed.
- Kindly note that the weightage of MCQ’s is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
- Allocation of time for the NEET-PG shall be as follows:
Forenoon Session Afternoon Session Candidate Entry Time 09:00 AM 09:00 AM 2:15 PM Venue Entry Closes 09:30 AM 2:45 PM Check-in Procedures 09:00 AM TO 10:00 AM 2:15 PM TO 3:15 PM Test Start Time 10:00 AM 10:00 AM 3:15 PM Test End Time 01:15 PM 6:30 PM
Kindly note that, the test time of 195 minutes includes – 15 minutes of test tutorial time and 180 minutes for attempting the test.
- Kindly note that the applicant candidates shall be allocated to appear either in FORENOON session or in the AFTERNOON session i.e. the NEET-PG comprises ONE session/candidate only.
- Syllabus: The Syllabus for the test shall comprise of subjects /knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. An extract of the same is enclosed at Annexure B, kindly refer to MCI website www.mciindia.org for complete document.
- SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBITON OF QUESTIONS FOR NEET 2013
S.No. SUBJECT SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE IN NEET-PG EXAM OF 240 QUESTIONS (IN NUMBERS) 1 ANATOMY 20 2 PHYSIOLOGY 20 3 BIOCHEMISTRY 20 4 PATHOLOGY 15 5 MICROBIOLOGY 15 6 PHARMACOLOGY 15 7 FORENSIC MEDICINE 9 8 OPHTHALMOLOGY 9 5 ENT 9 10 SPM, STATISTICS AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH 20 11 GENERAL MEDICINE
DERMATOLOGY & STD
12 GENERAL SURGERY
13 OBSTETRICS & GYNAECOLOGY 20 14 PAEDIATRICS 9 GRAND TOTAL 240
Note : Kindly note that the weightage of MCQ’s as above is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter /vary /amend the same.
The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org;