The Entrance Examination will be held on;
Date - 15th May, 2016 (Sunday)
Timing - 9:00 am to 12:00 noon.
Mode of Examination
On-line based Distributed Object System Examination
Number Of Questions
250 single best response type multiple choice questions.
Instructions For The Day Of Examination
- Candidates should report at the Exam Venue latest by 7.00 am.
- NO ENTRY TO EXAM CENTER WILL BE PERMITTED AFTER 8.30 AM. Examination will start at 9.00 AM.
- Entry to Examination Hall is strictly subject to production of Hall Ticket, Valid Identity Proof and the photo copy of the same ID Proof.
- Valid ID Proofs (except PAN card): Passport / Driving License / Voter’s Card / Bank Passbook with Photograph / Photo Identify proof issued by a Gazetted Officer (on official Letterhead) / Aadhaar card with Photograph / Employee ID / Domicile certificate with Photo and Medical Council card. ID proof other than mentioned above will NOT be permitted / accepted under any circumstances.
- Test Administration on 15-05-2016 (Sunday) 09.00AM to 12.00 Noon.
- Biometric authentication through digital device and hard copy of signature and fingerprint in attendance sheet will be taken. Cooperation of the candidate is solicited.
- Do NOT bring any other papers EXCEPT Hall Ticket, Original ID proof & Photo copy of the same ID Proof.
- Do NOT bring pen/pencil, cellular phones, I Pad, portable (external) hard disk, pen drive, data card, pagers, calculators, wrist watches or any electronic devices.
- (NO arrangements will be made by the duty staff for safe keeping and returning the above gadgets if brought).
- Copying of the Questions in part / full in any manner is NOT permitted during or after the exam.
- In case any candidate is caught or found to use any means of techno copying he / she shall be liable to be punished by the competent authority.
- Use of unfair means /impersonation will lead to summary cancellation of selection / admission.
- JIPMER reserves the right to reschedule the date / time of the Examination, depending upon local conditions.
- Mobile phones are banned at the venues of the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates taking the Entrance Examination will be subjected to thorough frisking before being allowed into the Hall.
- The JIPMER MD/MS Online Entrance Examination is a proprietary examination and is conducted by JIPMER.
- The contents of this test are confidential and involving intellectual property rights, and are owned by JIPMER.
- JIPMER explicitly prohibits the candidate from publishing, reproducing or transmitting any or some contents of this test, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means verbal or written, electronic or mechanical or for any purpose.
- Violation of any act or breach of the same shall be liable for penal action and cancellation of the candidature at the bare threshold.
Subject Wise Weightage
- There shall be ONLY ONE PAPER of three hours duration consisting of 250 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- The Entrance Examination will be of the standard of MBBS Examination.
Question paper consists of a total of 250 Questions distributed in:
- Basic Clinical Sciences - 100 Questions
(Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology).
- Clinical Sciences- 150 Questions
(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radio-therapy, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine).
- All questions will be of one best / correct response type having four alternatives.
- More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and negative mark will be given.
- Each answer with correct response shall be awarded Four Marks.
- ZERO mark will be given for the questions not answered.
- Negative marks will be given for incorrect response.
- For every incorrect response, ONE mark will be deducted.
- The response of the candidate for a question(s), on click of “submit button” before closing of Examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate or in other words
- "If a question is answered and marked for review, your answer for that question will be considered in the evaluation"