i) Indian Nationals (IN)
Applicant must be an Indian National.
ii) For Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- OCI registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are also eligible to appear in this test and all terms and conditions applicable for Indian Nationals given in this Prospectus will be applicable to them.
- The candidate should submit proof of Registration at the time of counseling.
iii) Foreign Nationals (FN)
- Foreign candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All foreign nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute.
- An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
- In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 30th June 2016
- *Candidates not completing the internship on or before 30-06-2016 need not apply for July 2016 session.
- No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted.
Candidates who have already done / completed MD/MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS course at JIPMER.