Declaration of Results
Display Of Merit List
Merit list prepared for category - wise (UR, OBC, INST, SC, ST, OPH) will be displayed in the Notice Board of Academic Section, JIPMER and website www.jipmer.edu.in on or before 25-05-2016 (Wednesday) 09.00 PM.
Candidates will NOT be informed individually either through telephone or by post, etc.
Merit Ranking would be based on percentile.
Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below:
|Unreserved (UR) / Institute (INST) / Sponsored/ Deputed(SD) / Foreign Nationals (FN)||50th|
|Orthopedic Physically Challenged - UR (OPH)||45th|
|OBC / SC / ST (Including OPH)||40th|
- In order to be eligible for admission to any Postgraduate course at JIPMER, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a percentile of 50 and above in the Entrance Examination for the current academic year.
- However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes including OPH, the minimum percentile shall be 40.
- In respect of Unreserved Orthopedic Physically Challenged (OPH) candidates, 45 shall be the minimum percentile.
- Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the Merit List.
Validity Of Merit List and Rank
- The validity of Merit list shall be only for the current academic session i.e. July 2016 session admission for MD/MS courses and cannot be carried forward for the next year/session.
- Downloadable rank letter will be hoisted on website 3 days after publication of merit list.
- No individual communication regarding merit / ranking / counseling call letter shall be sent to any candidate.
- This downloaded rank letter should be retained safely till the completion of Admission Process.
In case of two or more candidates obtain same percentile in the Entrance Examination, their Inter-se-merit shall be determined as follows:
- Candidate scoring less negative marks will be placed at a higher merit.
- In case of tie with same percentile rank and same number of wrong responses, date of birth shall be considered to determine inter-se-merit. An elder candidate shall be placed at a higher merit.