|First Counseling||15-06-2016 (Wednesday) 11.00 AM|
|Commencement of Academic Session||01-07-2016 (Friday) 09.00 AM|
|Second Counseling||15-07-2016 (Friday) 11.00 AM (Tentative)|
|Third & Open Counseling||28-07-2016 (Thursday) 11.00 AM (Tentative)|
|Close of Admissions for MD/MS Courses July 2016 session||31-07-2016 (Sunday) 11.00 AM|
- Allotment, for M.D. / M.S. seats announced for this July, 2016 session through JIPMER competitive Entrance Examination, will be done during first counseling scheduled on the forenoon and afternoon of 15th June 2016.
- The candidates will be called in batches for counseling as per the Reservation Roster Point.
- Adequate number of Candidates shall be called from eligible candidates from all the categories so that Roster Point is not blocked for lack of attendance.
- Counseling will be done according to the category rank (UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH) and not by the overall rank as per the Roster Point allocation method.
- Production of all original certificates as per list vide prospectus is mandatory.
- Candidates WITHOUT original certificates shall NOT be entertained to participate in counseling.
- On the day of counseling, please report 90 minutes before start of counseling to registration desk.
Important Instructions For Counseling
- The candidates will be registered only on production of the all original certificates (vide page 25 of prospectus), Rank letter and the Hall Ticket downloaded by the candidate for the Entrance Examination held on 15.05.2016.
- Candidates are required to report to one of the two Registration Terminals equipped with a Biometric Finger Print scanning device with the downloaded hall ticket and rank letter for counseling.
- Biometric imprint of the candidates would be captured for candidates appearing for the counseling process and the same will be authenticated against pre-existing candidate’s data.
- A red flag would be raised upon a mismatch and his / her admission for counseling will be withheld / cancelled immediately. Suitable legal action will be initiated forthwith.
- No authorized representative will be permitted for counseling on behalf of any candidate.
- Candidates are instructed to comply with all the instructions in the prospectus prior to and after counseling.
- They are required to attend the counseling at JIPMER as indicated in the merit list displayed in JIPMER notice board and website.
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission.
- Candidates appearing for allotment should submit the documents in original along with an attested copy of the documents for registration to counseling.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SUBSEQUENT COUNSELING
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- Second counseling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus.
- The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counseling due to candidate's resigning (or) not opting for the discipline, will be available for the final open selection counseling to be held in the last week of July 2016.
- All candidates who are eligible for inclusion in the merit list can attend this final counseling irrespective of their previous attendance.
PROCESS OF COUNSELING
- Production of Hall Ticket (Original) downloaded by the candidate for Entrance Examination along with Biometric authentication on the day of counseling is mandatory for being permitted to the counseling hall.
- Provisional certificate of MBBS Degree is permissible for those candidates who had passed the MBBS course in the year 2015 only.
- No TA / DA will be paid to any category of candidate called for counseling. All candidates should attend counseling at their own expense. They should make their own arrangements for stay at Puducherry.
- The selection for the seats under various categories will be held on 15th June 2016 by Roster system.
- Option once exercised is final and the course fee of INR 14,200/- (Fourteen Thousand Two Hundred Only) has to be paid at the time of leaving the counseling hall and Receipt taken. This receipt should be produced at the time of collecting the admission order. If candidate is withdrawing his/her option before issue of the admission order, sum paid will not be refunded, unless he/she is found medically disqualified.
- The candidate has to attend in person for counseling. No proxy / representative is permitted under any circumstances into the counseling hall.
- Dates for Subsequent counseling for any Seat(s) falling vacant will be intimated in JIPMER website. No individual communication will be sent.
ISSUE OF ADMISSION ORDER FOR JOINING
- The candidates who have opted for a seat and selected through the counseling, shall undergo medical examination and biometric (Finger-print / signature) verification.
- After due verification of the documents, clearance of biometric parameters, medical fitness certified by competent authority nominated by the Institute, the admission letter will be issued.
- The academic session will commence from 1st July 2016.
CERTIFICATES FOR SUBMISSION
- Original certificates submitted, if found defective the eligibility for admission will be cancelled.
- If the certificates are not in English, attested English translation should be submitted.
At the time of counseling and joining the course, the candidates are required to submit only the ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES as indicated below:
- Original Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Proof of Registration as OCI (in case of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)).
- Certificate showing the date of birth.
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate (Permitted only for those candidates who passed MBBS in 2015).
- Permanent/Provisional Medical Registration Certificate. (Permanent Medical Registration Certificate should be produced at the time of joining the course).
- Service candidate should produce NOC / Relieving Order and a certificate granting study leave with or without pay as the case may be.
- Undertaking by the Candidate regarding his/her caste. (format issued at the time of admission)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate ,along with last three years Income Tax returns of the parents and designation, class group status of their Service if parent’s are employed in Govt. / Public / Sector / Banks / Corporations duly certified by their Head of Office.
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe certificate recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Medical Certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates.
- Certificate from the Institute last studied, stating that the degree obtained by him / her from that Institute is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Passport size colour photo – 4 Nos.
- The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail cancellation of registration even after admission to the course.
- The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate.
- Certificate from any other person / authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. The Original Certificates will be retained in the Academic Section and returned only after the candidate completes the course or is relieved mid-way for any reason